Search This Blog

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Absolutely everything

I wonder where your house went. Your homely dark cavern where we spent years hiding out.
I wonder where our lunches went. Noodles and Soldiers, all stocked up and ready for us.
I wonder where our favourite music went, where our favourite places went.
I wonder, you know, because they're gone.

I live in the same house, with the same schools up the street, and the same beach down the street.
I live in the same city, the same country, with the same people and places as always.
The same stores line the bottom of my street, the same buildings line the top of my street.

And yet, everything I ever had is gone.

Everything's the same, but it's so the same, that it's all completely different.
Funny how only one thing has changed.
I'm just not happy anymore, and everything is a reminder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment