Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Valentine

I find that sort of unfair. As loving a gesture as it is, I think it's incredibly unfair of you to just go and do that when you know I used to have feelings for you. I mean, so what if they didn't last? Nothing does. But what if they came back?
I feel like you're taunting me. Like you're doing everything you can to confuse me. Mess around with my head, just because you can. And you can.

All those notes, those little notes you wrote? I still have them in that box, you know. They're just waiting there because I'm really not sure what to do with them. They are lies, but, cute lies, and ...I can't bring myself to throw them out, especially seeing as you'd ask about them later.

There need to be rules.
We need to have rules that we will both follow.

I'm the one in the wrong, and yet, I'm playing it off perfectly well. I'm trying to do everything in my power to make it go away, and look. It's fucking gone.
So it's your turn to step up now.
I know you don't feel things that way. So step up and ...well, step down.

See, it's so...you're right. Maybe I wouldn't want to do it. Considering we'd say what we already know? I'd say those words again, and you'd say yours. The same script as ever.
And it'll hurt just the same, but not really, because I don't have a heart to break.

It'll go away.

Let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment